6 Medicinal Herbs For Erectile Dysfunction
Erectile dysfunction is just another name for impotence. ED is a sexual health condition where a guy has difficulties achieving or maintaining an erection during sex. Besides being unable to obtain or retain an erection, other symptoms of ED include decreased sexual desire as well as sex drive.
If the symptoms appear occasionally, it may not be erectile dysfunction. However, you may be diagnosed with the sexual disorder if the signs remain for several weeks or months. Impotence is the most common type of sexual disorder. In the United States alone, as many as 30 million men suffer erectile dysfunction.
Once your doctor diagnoses you with erectile dysfunction, he may recommend one of the numerous treatment options. The standard treatments include vacuum pumps, surgery, implants or prescription drugs. Due to the sensitivity of the organ under consideration, many men prefer to go the natural way.
Thankfully, the male enhancement industry has a wide array of natural products in various forms ranging from oral supplements to creams, lotions and penis patches. Manufacturers extract ingredients from medicinal herbs – some of which have been in use since time immemorial. Some of the products have a combination of herbs aimed at improving ED symptoms, while others are single-herb ED products.
Here are six medicinal herbs that have been proven useful in alleviating the devastating symptoms of erectile dysfunction.
- Tribulus Terrestris – Tribulus Terrestris is a critical component of the Chinese and traditional Indian Its active ingredients are extracted from the leaves and fruits. The herb contains nitric oxide which triggers an erectile response in isolation from the levels of testosterone.
- Epimedium – it has been used in the Traditional Chinese Medicine for many centuries in the treatment of erectile dysfunction and reduced sex drive. The herb works by inhibiting the effects of an enzyme known to restrict the flow of blood to the penis.
- Yohimbine – it is extracted from the bark of an evergreen West African tree. Yohimbine has been an active treatment for erectile dysfunction for over seven decades. It delivers optimal results when used alongside L-Arginine.
- Ginkgo biloba – a Chinese herb, Ginkgo Biloba is known for its ability to alleviate symptoms of erectile dysfunction. It works by enhancing the flow of blood to the penis – a critical aspect of the erectile function. Without enough blood flow to the penis area, a man loses his ability to obtain or maintain erections capable of delivering maximum performance in the bedroom.
- Panax ginseng – commonly referred to as the herbal Viagra, great research works have backed the effectiveness of Panax ginseng in male enhancement. It is particularly suitable for individuals with high lipids in the blood and those with metabolic syndrome. It has anti-inflammation properties which besides enhancing the lung function, it also improves circulation.
- Hawthorn – it is native to northern parts of the world. Its ability to boost the health and functioning of the cardiovascular system goes a long way in helping men get rid of erectile dysfunction associated with poor circulation. It will also come in handy if your ED is as a result of anxiety, stress or depression.